Wednesday, May 14, 2014

USANA Rev3

I have to confess that I have a slight obsession with beverages. Around 2009, I started working at a dairy plant in their accounting department. For side money, I would work their ice cream sales on the weekends. Typically my routine would be to get up at 7:00 am and drive from grocery store to grocery store, making sure that all of the product was faced and displayed properly on the shelves.

These ice cream sales were a big deal in the summer, so I worked hard to move the units off the shelf. During the regular work week, I was a Route Settlement Agent that helped the out-of-state drivers balance their inventory, at the end of each day.

One of my favorite things about this job were the different product lines. I've been blessed with a gift of idea creation. I don't always get to execute the ideas, but I'm chock full of them. Dreaming of new products was fun for me and kept me focused throughout each work day.

As my job progressed, I found myself reading industry magazines and keeping tabs on new beverage companies and products being released. I found this very helpful in knowing what was in my market and a valuable tool at thinking about new innovations in the business.

Energy Drinks have been a passion of mine for close to a decade. I have insomnia and don't sleep well. I've tried coffee, but it actually makes me sleepy (go figure!). RockStar Energy Drinks are decent, but I don't like the super sugary variety. 5 Hour Energy was decent, but the effect was only lasting me 30 minutes to an hour.

I liked the carbonated fizz that Monster Energy gave me, but my number one complaint with them was that the regular version was super sugar intense and the calories were ridiculous. They then rolled out their zero calorie, zero sugar version, which I enjoy. For me, this energy drink is the yardstick to beat.



A friend of mine introduced me to an energy drink, called Rev3. The company that makes it is USANA. After doing some basic research on the company, I was a bit skeptical, but my friend gave me a can of the energy drink to try out.

Feeling like a kid on the playground being subjected to cigarettes or crack, I went ahead and gave it a try. Most of the energy drinks I have consumed are either pomegranate flavor or some variety thereof. Rev3 claims to have a pomegranate taste, but I didn't taste that when I had mine. Nope, the nostalgia that came with this drink reminded me of my youth, running after the ice cream truck to get a orange creamsicle.

It might taste differently to other people, but I get a very distinct orange creamsicle taste from this energy drink. This isn't a zero calorie variety, but it does have less than a Vitamin Water. Some of the things I like about USANA Rev3 besides the flavor are the fact that the caffeine that is in this drink is derived from tea leaves. The other drinks will typically have artificial flavors and additives that I just don't want to consume, if possible.

I still enjoy drinking a Monster, once in awhile, but for now, I've decided to switch over to USANA Rev3 for something different. If you are a fan of energy drinks and want something that is sourced from healthier ingredients, I recommend you give these a try. If you click on the picture or THIS LINK, you can order them by the dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment